When looking for a dog house for your pet, there are many House Designs for dogs out there to choose from. However, there are many impractical designs that are just meant to over pamper your puppy, but do not necessarily protect them from the elements. After you have read this article, you will be able to determine which house design will best suit you and your pup.
Here is a short list of doghouse designs:
1. Igloo Doghouse – This are shaped like igloos, and are usually double or triple insulated to protect the pet from all sorts of weather.
2. Standard Dog House – This is just a standard size house, that has a slanted room, just like a regular house, usually with shingles.
3. Brick Doghouse – This is a luxury house design, as it looks like a real house made out of brick. There is no practical use for this house, just the way it looks.
4. Farm Doghouse – This is on the list of luxury houses that have no real use except to look good, and to hold your dog. It is designed to look like a red colored farm house.
5. Indoor Doghouse – This house is actually quite nice, as it can also be a night stand, or end table depending on if you put it in your room or in the living room. This will house a small to medium size dog, to give it a place to sleep. It will also fit a doggie bed inside to add to the comfort levels.
6. Castle Doghouse – This is a fairy tale house, usually meant for the smaller female dogs. It has no real protection from the weather, and is just meant to look nice, and away to over pamper your dog.
7. Cedar Doghouse – There are many different styles of houses when it comes to cedar. However cedar is a great insulator, and will resist decay year in and year out.
8. Large Doghouses – Even the larger dogs need their own place to go to get out of the weather. Most designs will have various size options, one of them being designed for a large dog, such as a Doberman, German Shepard, or Rottie.
9. Small Doghouses – These smaller than normal dog houses are meant to house small indoor dogs, such as pugs, Jack Russels, Yorkshire Terriers, and all sorts of various other small dogs.
10. Extra Large Doghouses – These are very large dog houses, which are meant to house Saint Bernards, great danes, all breads of mastiffs, etc.
Now that you have read this article, you have a great understanding of the various Dog House Designs out there for your choosing. Your best bet is to choose one that will protect your dog from the various elements in whatever climate that you happen to be in, along with making sure that your dog can fit in its new house comfortably, meaning, your dog should be able to stand up, and at least turn around for it to be of proper size.